Frequently Asked Questions
See our Covid-19 Testing page for more information.
Will I see the same doctor or provider each time?
You will be assigned to one primary care provider. However, our providers work collaboratively to meet the needs of our patients in the in the clinic and the hospital. If your provider is unavailable, we have other physicians and nurse practitioners to meet your needs. Our nurse practitioners perform our Medicare Wellness Exams in order to increase physician access for our acutely ill patient.
What is included in a Medicare Annual Wellness exam?
This benefit DOES cover:
- Review of your medical and family history
- Updating a list of current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements
- Detection of cognitive impairments
- A screening schedule for appropriate preventative services (immunizations, bloodwork, and cancer screening)
- Assessment of personal level of safety
- Depression screening
- Discuss advance directives
This benefit does NOT cover:
- Evaluating new illnesses or problems (such as flu-like symptoms or knee pain)
- Evaluation of chronic diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, arthritis, or urinary symptoms
- A physical exam (such as looking at the skin, listening to the heart and lungs, or examining the abdomen)
- Performing a preventative service such as a Pap smear or prostate exam
- Refills or prescriptions for new medications